12 May 2010

New Sprouts

Once again, I have taken a hiatus from the world of the web. Inspired by many recent opportunities, I have thought focusing on this blog rather than a blog, facebook, twitter and all the ways to reach out. Let's say, I am synchronizing my efforts so I can produce something good, a resource for those who want to be inspired by birth and midwifery and the ways of parenting. Maybe in this redirection, there are also days when I just write to the Green Midwife community about happenings, creative ventures and new learnings in Midwifery.

So...what have I been up to since February? Let me introduce what my small practice has been doing...we've been growing.

Simon was born to Robin and Pat back in February, on a very snowy day. He was a sweet little guy who has brought lots of light to the life to us.


Modina Millie Mattie was born to Modina Sr and her father Dave in March. She came to us 5 weeks early, and she showed
exemplary vitals and was able to go straight to her momma's chest where she started nursing and she truly hasn't stopped since.



Ania Lynn was born next, on her family farm, and she came quite quickly...All 9 lbs 1 ounce of her. It was one of those midwifery births that restores all vision and clarity to the reasons why I love this job with all my soul. (This picture got removed from facebook for being "obscene").



And finally, sweet little baby Trinci Blue was born in the wee hours of the morning. Her momma gave all her go with the pushing and around 2 in the morning she slid out into everyone's arms. Many people had been waiting for this birth, and it all came in perfect time.


With the other birth centers in town thriving and I trying to find my place in this midwifery community, I realize Green Midwife has been thriving too. In February, Erin Ellis, CPM, LM moved to Bozeman and it's been wonderful to have build a new friendship and really like a big breath of fresh air has come around town. We all welcome her to the community and know she will add new light. It is our hope that we can work together to bring more unity to the local midwives and inspire more frequent gatherings, peer reviews and continuing education opportunities that make midwifery an empowering job and build better communities. A fun journey is ahead of us.

I got to take a vacation to Louisiana and Texas, to visit my boyfriend Ross where he is working on his family farm. It was an opportunity for me to reconnect with my heritage and a time to learn about his history, being my family comes from Southwestern Louisiana/East Texas and his from North Louisiana. We met up briefly with some Green Midwife clients who birthed about a year ago, in Austin, and of course beautiful Sara Janssen and her traveling family caught the moment on camera. In there, I have had some time with family. My lovely older sister Jennifer and her partner Sky are expecting their first baby in August. If that baby comes in August, I will be the only woman in our direct lineage not born in August. Thank heavens for my aunt Marilyn, who is born in September.

Finally, Green Midwife is moving out of the Main Street office in Bozeman on June 1st. As spring sprouts new life, so do I to this blog and to the other arenas of an enjoyable midwifery practice. New horizons are on the way for this midwife in Bozeman and I am looking forward to watching the growth of my practice here in Montana.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the news. Great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista L. MacDougall LMP/CPMT Labor DoulaMay 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM

    Love reading your experiences through your written words, Rebecca! Proud of you and this journey your are choosing to be on... your experiences inspire me and allow me to revisit my passion for birth and the process of labor and birth and how we can continue to empower woman to take charge and believe and trust this beautiful process...allowing for healthier birth journeys, healthier mama's and of course healthy babies! Thank You for creating this blog, I will for sure be reading often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lovely and bright. What a beautiful blog; what lovely babies; and miraculous births. We are all very excited for your new phase and next steps! HUGE HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Lovely!! Your clients are so LUCKY to have you, up in Bozeman!!! 27 weeks, this week. Yowzers! Can't wait to be seeing you :)

    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete