25 October 2009

ecology of a sunday


where i wake with a call to attend a birth, i come home clean and know this assignment lie ahead. an assignment of ritual and everyday an intention in my life so that I, by choice, can live a life of spirituality, love and peace. settling into a practice today takes a little energy, as there are tomatos roasting in the oven and 2 antsy dogs sit by my feet. the sky was purple as I left the house this morning and there were low clouds over the mountains, a magical and mystical day for a baby to be born and a new mother and father to birth into parenthood. Ravens were flying low in the sky and as if the clouds were trying to break, moisture seeps in and replaced those spaces. The sun broke mid-morning or maybe around noon, just as this baby came onto the planet and into the arms of it's mom and dad. As I finish my practice, rise from my seat and come to this screen my feet are cold and I have to sit by the fire even though my internal oven is on...my external oven needs stimulation. In my practice today, I left for a moment but the dogs decided when the spirits came into the house that they'd start barking just to let them know who's protecting the house. Well Bob started barking, me knowing he can pick up on those present energies around my house when I practice. home. open flow, thoughts coming into awareness and then letting them release. I have this ability after enough practice to recognize my mind versus awareness. I know that in awareness I am me and that even if my heart is broken that this place is warm, comforting and love abundant love from the universe flows here and reminds me I will heal, I am healing. I am healed. Fresh snow hit the mountains today and that clean protective energy is what surrounds me right now. Today I did most everything I love for an autumn sunday, but instead of me being the teacher of awareness I practice my sober journey to a mind and body and spirit and heart that embraces that vast expanse that is my awareness...as if the stars were shining and filling the nights sky, there I know I breathe, there I know I heal, there I know I rest, there I know I can enter it crazy, and there I know I can leave that crazy and come back peace. Buzzed. high. Flying. Sometimes in my practice, I visit with my teachers even if I haven't seen them in a long time. They give me a lesson, give me a hymn to my own sacred body, and I do this on my own. How did I get to this place? Why was I drawn to know another part of my mind, the part where my magic is held. A part of my mind where shamanism grows, like a seed, and it's always been inside of me.

The ecology of my magic today started by taking some breaths, driving to a birth, having quiet and peace of mind, and watching as the landscape and environment that is my home moved and swirled and inhaled and exhaled and touched. Like a rise and fall, it reminded me it's just a sunday and I am just a normal girl, living in a vast valley that could be the center of the universe wherever that really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment